THE IMAGE OF THE CITY AS A FRAGMENT OF ONOMASTIC CONSCIOUSNESS
The modern urban studies addresses its subject − the city − as a complex organized system whose multiple-aspect nature allows to analyze it from various perspectives. This article deals with one of possible aspects of the study of the city, a cognitive aspect, in which the image of the city appears as a mental pattern formed in the process of its perception by subjects of urban life. The authors refer to the latest research in cognitive science and onomastics and substantiate their thesis on that the image of the city is an important part of onomastic and, in a broader sense, linguistic consciousness. To support theoretical provisions the authors used data of the association experiment conducted by them to identify how the city of Pavlodar is perceived by its residents.
While nobody left any comments to this publication.
You can be first.
1. Anciferov N. P. Mysterious city. Soul of Peterburga. Peterburg of Dostoevsky. Peterburg of Pushkin. L: Lenizdat, 1991. 335 s.
2. Vilkovskij M. B. Sociology of arcitecture. M: Fond «Russkij avangard», 2010. 592 p.
3. Evmenova L.N., Kudinova I. Ju. Cultural portrait as a concept and method of the study of the city // DISKUSSIJa. Polythematic journal of scientific publications. Ed. № 10 (40), 2013. Pp. 29-33.
4. Karaulov Ju.A. An associative thesaurus of the modern Russian language. In three volumes. Coauthors: Ju.A. Sorokin, E.F. Tarasov, N.V. Ufimceva, G.A. Cherkasova. T. I, kn. 1–2. M.: «Pomovskij i partnery», 1994.
5. Madieva G.B. Modern trends in onomastic research in Kazakhstan // Issues of onomastic. Ekaterinburg: Izdanie UFU, 2010, № 1 (8). S. 157-167.
6. Kazahstan population: Wikipedia. ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Link on Agentstvo po statistike RK (date of access: 31.08.2015).
7. Pirogov S.V. Theoretical and methodological foundations of the cognitive approach to modeling of an urban life: thesis in philology: Tomsk, 2010. 241 s.
8. Portal “Elektronnyj uchebnik” © 2014 email@example.com (date of access: 31.08.2015).
9. http://www.auditorium.ru (date of access: 31.08.2015).
10. Tarasov E.F. Language awareness // Questions of psycholinguistics. M.: IJa RAN, 2004. №2. Pp. 34-47.
11. Trapeznikova A. A. Onomastic awareness of the modern city dweller: on the material of Krasnoyarsk slang: thesis in philology. Krasnojarsk, 2010. 213 p.
12. Tokareva E.V. The specificity of the expression of evaluation in gender discourse: the case of modern English: thesis in philology. Ufa, 2005. 213 p.
13. Ufimceva, N.V. Language awareness: dynamics and variability / N.V. Ufimceva. M.: Institut jazykoznanija RAN, 2011. Access mode: http://iling-ran.ru/library/psylingva/Ufimtseva_Yazykovoe_soznanie.pdf (date of access: 02.08. 2015).
14. Shherbak A. S. Cognitive foundations of regional onomastics: synopsis of a thesis. Tambov, 2008. 53 s.
15. Gottdeiner Mark and Hutchison Ray. The New Urban Sociology. Boston: McGraw Hill, 2000.
16. Kevin Lynch. The image of the City. The M.I.T. Press, 1960. 102 p.